The New School’s financial aid program helps families who are encountering financial difficulties to keep their children enrolled in our school.
The school uses FAST (Independent School Management’s Financial Aid for School Tuition) to provide an independent and objective financial evaluation of a family’s ability to pay tuition. Because this assistance is based on need, you will be asked for relevant financial information. FAST provides an online application process for families to submit their financial data. The cost for this application is $38.00. FAST accepts most major credit cards. All requested information is strictly confidential.
Please note that for guardians who are not living in the same household, both guardians’ information must be submitted in order for the application to be processed.
In addition to financially eligibility, the school prioritizes the following factors in determining the distribution of scholarship awards:
- Returning students
- Siblings of current students
- Families who are enrolling more than one child
- Families who show commitment to the school and an involvement in their child’s education
Please note that families who have received tuition assistance in the past must reapply each year.
Also, you must first request approval from the school before submitting a new application if you have an outstanding balance from a prior year.
Deadlines for the 2013/2014 School Year
- The deadline for all re-enrolling families is February 22nd, 2013.
- The deadline for all new families is March 30, 2013.
- All applications received after these deadlines are evaluated based on our enrollment and availability.
1. To apply for financial aid, the first step is to write a Financial Aid Request Letter which will be a requested field in the online application form. Please include the following information:
- Your name and your child’s name
- The program for which you are applying
- The circumstances that have caused the need for financial assistance
- The percent of financial need you are requesting
- How your child has or will benefit from a Montessori education at The New School
- A statement of what volunteer work or other contributions you have made to The New School and what you commit to offering for next year (returning families)
- A statement indicating how you may be able to contribute to our Montessori community (new families)
2. For applicants with a child not of school age (i.e. infants through 5 year old), you will need to also apply for a voucher through the Wake County Department of Human Services in addition to your FAST application.
To apply for the voucher, please follow these steps:
- visit www.wakegov.org
- Scroll to Human Services and click to open that page.
- Scroll to the Social Services tab and click open.
- Scroll to Child care subsidy, and follow the directions.
- Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have filed the voucher application. The school may or may not ask for some paperwork illustrating the voucher status.
There will be information about the waiting list, just click waiting list to bring up applications.
3. The next step is to click on the button below to complete the online application form provided by FAST (Independent School Management’s Financial Aid for School Tuition).
3. Make sure to mail your supporting documentation. No determination can be made until these documents have been received by FAST.
4. If you have any questions or problems while completing the application, please contact FAST by calling 877-326-FAST (877-326-3278) or e-mailing: email@example.com
Once we receive a recommendation from FAST, the school notifies parents of all decisions by email.
Please feel free to contact the school if you have any questions regarding our tuition assistance program.