The New School is committed to providing as much assistance as possible to families in need. Below you can find options for financial assistance from government programs and from the school.
In order to apply for tuition assistance from The New School parents must first apply for one of the following programs (if eligible). Please click on the icons in the boxes to access the websites for each program.’
Government Assistance Programs
New School Tuition Assistance
The school uses FAST (Independent School Management’s Financial Aid for School Tuition) to provide an independent and objective financial evaluation of a family’s ability to pay tuition. Because this assistance is based on need, you will be asked for relevant financial information via an online application process. The cost for this application is $43.00 payable to FAST and is non-refundable. FAST accepts most major credit cards. All requested information is strictly confidential.
For parents or guardians not living in the same household, both parents or guardians must submit their information for the application to be processed.
In addition to financially eligibility, the school prioritizes the following factors in determining the distribution of scholarship awards:
- Returning students
- Siblings of current students
- Families enrolling in five-day programs
- Families who are enrolling more than one child
- Families who show commitment to the school
Please note that families who have received tuition assistance in the past must reapply each year. Also, families with outstanding balances from a prior year must first request approval from the school before submitting a new application.
FAST Application Process
Applicants with a child aged 6 weeks through 5 years old, will need to apply for a voucher through the Wake County Department of Human Services prior to applying for tuition assistance through FAST.
Applicants for our elementary and middle school programs should apply for the opportunity scholarship or disability voucher also prior to applying for our FAST tuition assistance.
- Click the following link to apply for the Wake County Subsidy program www.wakegov.org
- Click the following link to apply for the Opportunity Scholarship.
- Click the following link to apply for the Scholarship Grant for Children with Disabilities.
Applicants applying for a subsidy or voucher must first furnish the school with written confirmation that they have applied and are on the waiting list for one of these programs in order to be considered for The New School’s tuition assistance.
- Mail your supporting documentation to FAST, not to the school. No determination can be made until FAST has received your documents.
- If you have not already done so, complete and submit an Application for Admission form to the school. Please submit one form per child.
- Make sure to submit all relevant paperwork or emails demonstrating a pending application for either a child subsidy (for children five and younger) or an opportunity scholarship or special education voucher (for Kindergarten and school-aged children) to the school.
This year’s deadline for tuition assistance is March 15, 2017. Applications received after this deadline may take a few months to be processed. Once we receive a recommendation from FAST, the school will notify parents of the decision by email.
If you have any questions or problems while completing the application, please contact FAST by phone 877-326-FAST (877-326-3278) or e-mail: email@example.com.