Join us for some summer fun this year!
Summer Program at a Glance
- Our summer program for Ones, Twos, and CH are available to students who either currently attend or who have been admitted for fall 2019.
- New this year, elementary camps are open not only to past and current students, but also to elementary-aged students who have never attended but are recommended by a TNS family. Cousins, neighbors, and friends of The New School students are welcome to apply!
- The summer program will run for 10 weeks beginning on June 10 and ending on August 16.
- Five-day-per-week children in our Infant, Toddler, and Children’s House programs must enroll for a minimum of five weeks.
- Children attending fewer than five days per week must enroll in all 10 weeks.
- Please note, the school’s hours are different than during the school year and prior summers. The school opens at 7:30am and closes at 5:30pm.
- All programs begin at 8:30am, but parents may drop off at 8:00am at no extra charge.
- There is no carpool during the summer for any ages.
- Elementary students may enroll for any number of camps. Our elementary camps are now open to alumni and siblings of current students!
Please visit the three tabs below to learn more about the summer programs for each age group.
Our Infant and Toddler Summer Program provides a continued Montessori experience in addition to introducing a variety of summer-related activities.
Similar to our Children’s House Summer Program, we organize weekly water days for the toddlers, fun art activities, and in-house field trip experiences.
Parents can find out more about weekly activities, enjoy seeing class and individual summer photos, and touch base with the summer teachers via their Transparent Classroom and MemberHub accounts.
Our summer teachers also send weekly emails with updates on the following week’s events in addition to an overall list of what supplies to provide for your child.
Our Children’s House Summer Program is based on a series of week-long themes. Children will still be exposed to Montessori materials while also enjoying in-house field trips, water days, special art activities, botany, and much more.
|Week One / June 10 – 14||
|Week Two / June 17 – 21||
|Week Three / June 24 – 28||
|Week Four / July 1 – 5 (4-day week)||
World of Colors
|Week Five / July 8 – 12||
|Week Six / July 15 – 19||
|Week Seven / July 22 – 26||
|Week Eight / July 29 – Aug 2||
|Week Nine / Aug 5 – 9||
|Week Ten / Aug 12 – 16||
The elementary and middle school-aged summer program consists of 10 individual camps with popular and engaging themes.
Yoga & Creative Movement
Week One / June 10 – 14
We will dive into different poses, learn breathing and other mindfulness techniques, and explore different ways to move our bodies. We’ll enjoy some nature walks and put together a few related craft projects. All levels are welcome.
Week Two / June 17 – 21
Students will be immersed in a week of all things Pokemon! Campers will battle with cards, enjoy arts and crafts projects, swap cards, and take two field trips to “catch” Pokemon characters while playing Pokemon Go.
Week Three / July 8 – 12
Information coming soon…
Just “Four” Fun Sports Week
Week Four / July 1 – 5 (4-day week)
Campers will enjoy four days of 4th of July fun with a field-trip-packed, fun-filled week. Possible trips include bowling, ice skating, rock climbing, and more.
Week Five / June 24 – 28
Crafters will learn building basics via gameplay. Minecraft teaches students practical math skills and engineering concepts, builds collaboration with others, and helps with conflict resolution. This camp is a safe and fun way to learn Minecraft basics and to also allow those already planning to build on their skills.
Week Six / July 15 – 19
Everyone likes a good mystery! Intrigue and investigation are necessities for any mystery. Who? What? Where? When? Why? Campers will hone their observation and detection skills when they are placed in unique situations where they must solve the mystery with their fellow campers. Come solve the mysteries with us!
Arts & Crafts
Week Seven / July 22 – 26
Come get crafty with us! Here are just a few of the fun things we will be doing: snake sock bubble blowers, sidewalk paint, water balloon painting, erupting sidewalk chalk, and splatter paint paper lanterns. Come dressed to make a mess and go home with multicolored fingers. Here’s the website we are getting a lot of our ideas from. Check it out! https://www.artbarblog.com/58-summer-art-camp-ideas/
Week Eight / July 29 – Aug 2
Harry Potter and company all week! Activities will include playing Quidditch, a Sorcerer’s Stone scavenger hunt, arts and crafts, taste tests, and lots of fun games.
Week Nine / Aug 5 – 9
Do you like slime? How about making a soda bottle into a geyser? Did you know an egg can be turned into a geode? Did you ever see a raisin dancing? Well, get ready! This week will be filled with fizzy, gooey, colorful, and astounding experiments sure to have you on the edge of your seats. Come dressed to make a mess!
Week Ten / Aug 12 – 16
Campers will learn to use plans, design their own patterns, measure and cut the needed supplies, and construct a project in our class “woodshop.” There will be cutting, gluing, sawing, carving and much more. We will build some awesome projects all while learning safe handling of woodworking tools.