- Team Chess Match: Davis Drive Elementary vs. The New School Montessori Center
- Email Registration: Email entries to email@example.com or call (919) 303-3636 (school) and ask for Jonathan Schroer. Entries can also be mailed with a $10 check payable to The New School, Inc., 5617 Sunset Lake Road, Holly Springs, NC 27540. Please include student’s full name, school, grade, birth-date, street address, and parent’s cell phone number.
- Date and Time: Saturday, February 9, 2013. Please arrive by 8:30am. Match starts at 9:00am.
- Playing site: The New School Montessori Center, 5617 Sunset Lake Road, Holly Springs, NC 27540 (map and directions)
- Eligibility: Open to all students of Davis Drive Elementary School and The New School Montessori Center (other students by invitation only on a case by case basis).
- Details: Special invitations will aim to maximize competitive parity and the community of the event. The goal of the match is to give players competitive games with new opponents, to improve their play.
- Sections: 2 Unrated Games, Game/30, Delay 5: K-1, K-3, and K-8 (K-8 section open to students of Davis Drive Middle School by invitation only). Everyone plays both games, win or lose. Players will play one game with each color, if possible. Sections are by grade level and estimated playing strength.
- Prizes: Trophies, ribbons and other chess prizes. Awards ceremony to follow shortly after each section ends. Special prizes for playing in both February 9 and February 16 matches.
- Schedule: Round 1 at 9:00am, Round 2 at 10:10am. Round 2 may begin earlier, as soon as all games in the previous section conclude.
- Time Control: Game in 30 minutes thinking time for each player (60 minutes total), with 5 second delay each move. Clocks will be provided, so you do not need to bring a clock.
- Food and drink: Snacks and drinks may be available on site.
- Entry fee: $10 if participation is confirmed by Friday, February 8, 6:00pm. The entry fee is $20 if you have not notified us by that time.
- Registration: Please complete the above online form. Otherwise, you may email entries. Entries can also be sent with a $10 check payable to The New School, Inc., 5617 Sunset Lake Road, Holly Springs, NC 27540. Please include student’s full name, school, grade, birth-date, street address, and parent’s cell phone number. For drop-offs, emergency contact information is required. Registration on site is between 8:00-8:30 a.m. on the day of the tournament. Registration after 8:30 a.m. will result in a first round bye. Cash, checks, and PayPal are accepted. If you cannot attend, please call The New School at (919) 303-3636 by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the event, so that you will not be paired, and leave another player without a game.
- Additional information: Tournament directors’ discretion could merge or alter sections, depending on entrants. Parents will be able to view the tournament from a distance.
- Questions: Contact Jonathan Schroer
Phone: (919) 303-3636 (school)