Our wonderful faculty and staff are the foundation of our school, so we always appreciate hearing from enthusiastic, accomplished people who are interested in working with us. Our available positions are posted below. If there is a position that is of interest, we’d like to hear from you.
Compensation is competitive and depending on experience, and healthcare benefits are provided for full-time positions. Employees with children may receive discounted childcare. The New School is an equal opportunity employer and a progressive multi-age environment with a strong Montessori philosophy.
Please send your resume and cover letter stating the position of interest to:
Certified Children’s House Teacher
The New School Montessori Center seeks a creative, energetic individual to join our team as an elementary teacher.
This full-time teacher will be responsible for the Children’s House and/or Toddler classrooms.
The candidate should be Montessori-certified and prior elementary teaching experience is preferred. A long-term commitment (+1 year) for this position is highly desirable.
Duties include developing curriculum, supervision of children, maintaining attendance records and interaction with children and parents. We’re looking for an energetic person who is reliable and who thrives in a fast-paced school setting. Please note that upon a job offer, the successful candidate will need to pass a background check.
Eligible employees with children may receive discounted childcare.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and a resume. We are unable to consider your application without both your cover letter and your resume.
Part-time Office Assistant
We’re looking for an office assistant with all round administration skills.
• Comfortable around children as you may need to supervise classes during teacher breaks
• Exceptionally thorough with written and numerical details, proof-reading, editing, etc.
• Experience and proven skills in event planning
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office (MS Word and MS Excel in particular) and Google Docs
• Accurate calculation skills
• Proven knowledge of Quickbooks for small business
• Excellent presentability and professionalism
• Flexible and able to handle the ever-changing demands of a very busy/hectic office
• Comfortable learning new software
• Hours: prefer 12 to 5, but may change for the right candidate
• Tuition discount for staff children (60%)
• Possibility for future advancement
• Possibility for health care benefits (depending on hours)
• Excellent work environment
To apply for this position you will need to submit a cover letter and resume and:
• Email your statement of interest to info[at]montessoricenter[dot]org
• Include cover letter stating your suitability for this position.
• Commit to at least one or two years to this position. If you’re considering applying for just a “filler” job, or if you live more than an hour’s commute from Holly Springs please do not apply.
• Pass a background check (will be conducted only upon consideration of your application)
• Provide at least two professional references prior to being invited for interview
Below is a list of Montessori teacher training sites.
1. North Carolina Center for Montessori Teacher Education [www.teachmontessori.org] 2. The Center for Guided Montessori Studies [www.guidedstudies.com] 3. North American Montessori Center [www.montessoritraining.net]