As a parent you are an essential part of our Montessori community. An active involvement in the school is one of the best ways to support your child’s classroom and the school in general. Any and all help you can provide is very much appreciated and goes a long way to helping the school forward its mission to provide a quality education and wide variety of experiences for your children.
There are many ways to get involved. We understand how hectic work schedules and other constraints may make volunteering at the school a difficult task. To help with this, we have added volunteer ideas to our list below that can be completed without needing to visit the school during the day.
General Volunteer Needs
Below is a list of our general, year-round needs for parents looking to help out at the school or at home.
Ideas for volunteering at school:
- Listen to children read (ages 3 to 9).
- Chaperone / drive on field trips (ages 3 to 9).
- File parent folders on Mondays or Tuesday mornings.
- Provide help in locating supplies and materials for special classroom events.
Ideas for volunteering from home:
- Help a teacher put together a work or material for the classroom.
- Make phone calls to arrange in-school field trips.
- Prepare food for a classroom party or event.
- Write a blog post for the school’s website on a relevant topic.
- Assist with putting together a classroom newsletter.
- Research community events suitable for the school to gain exposure.
Volunteer Sign-Ups for Special Events
We have many special events planned throughout the year. To help alleviate pressure on our teachers and staff, we rely heavily on parent involvement to make these fun events and important fundraisers happen!
To help coordinate parent volunteers, we use Sign-up Genius or online forms. Below are links to current volunteer sign-ups for special school and classroom events.
Click here to find out more about our Fall Festival. We will be posting volunteer opportunities for our fall festival very soon!
Recording your Volunteer Time
Please remember to record your time using the private portfolio in your MemberHub account as soon as you have completed an activity. Please click here for instructions on how to do this.
Many thanks for investing your valuable time and energy in helping our classrooms and school excel!